Are you a Key Worker and Require a Coronavirus Test?
Click the button below if you require a test and you are:
- are an essential worker, including NHS or social care staff
- are applying for tests for the residents and staff of your care home
- have a verification code from your employer
What if i am not a key worker?
Who can ask for a test?
You can ask for a test:
- for yourself, if you have Coronavirus symptoms now (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough, or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
- for someone you live with, if they have Coronavirus symptoms
This service is for people in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
People in Wales can ask for a home test kit here. For drive-through appointments at regional test sites in Wales, go to the Coronavirus test bookings and process on the Welsh Government website.
The tests are not suitable for children under 5 years old.
If you’re asking for a test for someone else and the person is aged 13 or over, check they’re happy for you to ask for a test for them.
Please help the NHS and only ask for a test if you or someone you live with has symptoms now.
When To Ask for a Test
You need to have the test in the first 5 days of having symptoms
It’s best to ask for the test in the first 3 days, as it may take a day or two to arrange
What the test involves
The test usually involves taking a swab of the inside of your nose and the back of your throat, using a long cotton bud.
You can do the swab yourself or someone can do it for you.
Will i get a test?
There is a very high demand for tests at the moment.
People in hospital and essential workers, including NHS and social care staff, are getting priority.
Even if you are successful in requesting a test, we cannot guarantee you will get one. It depends on how many tests are available each day in different parts of the country.
How do i ask for a test?
You cna ask for a test online.
You will be asked:
- How you want to get the test – you may be able to choose between driving to a regional testing site or getting a home test kit.
- for details such as your name, mobile phone number and address.
For more help with asking for a Cornavirus test see: